Objective: To attract and retain people to Southland.
This action team is exploring how Southland supports the successful integration of new migrants into the regional community. The team is examining how new residents access language resources, education, sports and recreation, pastoral care and medical needs.
It is also exploring the impact that an increase in Southland’s population would have on existing community resources and how any pressures could be mitigated. Another strand of its work is to look at programmes that enable broader community participation in regional development strategies.
Key Outcome: People are attracted to live in Southland, stay to make a life-long contribution and are supported by the appropriate social and community services.
Senior Solicitor, Cruickshank Pryde
- Brendon McDermott, Sport Southland
- Robyn Koehler, Community Trust of Southland
- Lynley Henderson, Kindergartens South
- Jessie McKenzie
- Andrew Leys, Hospice Southland
- Rebecca Amundsen, Invercargill City Council
- Renata Davis, Ngai Tahu
- Bobbi Brown, Venture Southland