Objective: To attract people to live and work in Southland.
This action team is investigating the opportunity for a destination brand strategy for Southland. The team is considering how Southland could better tell its story and develop a destination branding framework that positions the region as an attractive place to work, live and visit.
Key Outcome: A strong Southland brand means the region is well-positioned as an attractive place for new migrants to settle, contributing to the goal of 10,000 more people by 2025.
Chief Executive, Market South and Chair of Southland Chamber of Commerce
- Tim Shadbolt, Mayor Invercargill City
- Marcus Lush
- Joe O’Connell, Invercargill Airport
- Tony Laker, Laker House of Travel
- Tom Sawyer, Shipping Agent
- John Prendergast, Community Trust of Southland
- Anne Wakefield, Ngai Tahu
- Warrick Low, Venture Southland