Vibrant Urban Centres
Objective: To create vibrant regional urban centres that deliver contemporary lifestyle, economic and social values.
This action team is developing projects to create great urban spaces in Invercargill and the regional centres of Gore, Winton and Te Anau. Its work includes producing a blueprint plan for Invercargill that identifies what would increase the vibrancy of the CBD and make it more attractive to people. Key projects will be identified to be delivered within five years.
Key Outcome: People are more satisfied with urban life in Southland and the region’s urban places are more attractive to migrants, students and tourists.
Director, HW Richardson Group
- Scott O’Donnell, HW Richardson Group
- Cameron Macintosh, Invercargill City Council
- Neil Boniface, Invercargill City Council
- John Prendergast, Community Trust of Southland
- Norman Elder, AWS Legal
- Jason Smith, H&J Smith
- Greg Mulvey, Invercargill Licensing Trust
- Geoff Thompson, Distinction Hotels
- Sarah Brown, SIT
- Sumaria Beaton, Ngai Tahu