Ease of Doing Business
Objective: To remove obstacles to doing business in Southland.
This action team is examining ways to make Southland an even better place to do business. The team is focusing on reducing barriers (including regulatory barriers) to commercial enterprise across the region.
The team is looking at how to support greater investment into Southland and develop the region’s entrepreneurial culture. Efficiency and fairness, certainty and clarity, readiness and incentives in business are the primary areas the team is addressing.
Key Outcome: Within five years, Southland is recognised as the easiest place to do business in New Zealand.
Chief Executive, Southland District Council
- Tim Brown, PowerNet
- Norman Elder, AWS Legal
- Boyd Wilson, Bonisch Consultants
- Bruce Halligan, Southland District Council
- Vin Smith, Environment Southland
- Dean Johnson, Invercargill City Council
- Kate Scott, Land Pro
- Roger Wilson, Crowe Horwath
- Warren Skerrett, former CEO Skerrett Financial Planning